Stop Payment from The City

Were you sent a check from the City of Miami and need to stop payment on it because it was lost, damaged, or never received?  The City of Miami understands that this can happen, and we can to help you get paid. The first step is to stop payment on the original check that was issued.

NOTE: You must go through this process first, then the City will automatically reissue the payment. The process can take up to 72 hours. 


Gather Information

You will need the following for this process:

  • Payee name
  • Check number, date, and amount (NOTE: If you do not have this information, please call the finance department at 305-416-1330, choose "Accounts Payable").

Request Stop Payment

Click here to Stop Payment on Check